• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

tried to update my video card driver then system crashed. help?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AL Romero

k, im using the cd for drivers which are ver. 3.4 and i downloaded the latest package from ati. i think they were 4.10 but not sure. after downloading i add/removed everything that had ati on the name which was a few programs then rebooted and installed the 410 drivers. after installed it asked to reboot which i did then it wouldnt reboot unless in safe mode. so i removed the new drivers and installed the 3.4 drives again and everything seems ok. did i do something wrong if so what so i can try out those new video drivers?
thanks

run driver cleaner to get rid of every last bit of the ati drivers and then install it, if still doesn't work just stay with the 4.9 drivers, or try the omegas when they come out.

is driver clean a different program? never heard of it. i just saw that the new driver was 4.10 and i was using 3.4 so i figured i would get the latest drives since i was pretty behind in updating them.

Yeah do a search for "driver Cleaner" and download it, there is going to be a couple of choices of drivers to be cleaned, choose the ATi drivers and click clean wait a while and then restart and install the drivers again.

got the program, installed and did what the read me file said. then installed the larger of the 2 available files. after i rebooted there was an error progam window that said cli.exe had an error and windows would shut it down. i also clicked on the calalyst control center and it just errors out. do you guys have this problem as well, if so how can i fix it?

You need .net framework for the control center to work, you can get it from microsoft.

.net framwork, ok ill google it thanks. what is it?

EDIT: never mind it says at the download page. ty

Back