• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Counter-Strike:Source

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xerotheory

Registered
So, whoever bought it, please discuss your impressions here.

I for one love it, it runs so good, and the gameplay is so much better then 1.6

I can't stand 1.6 now, seems so inferior.

I'm playing it and it's pretty good. I'm not sure why it's the most popular fps on the internet, but it'll hold me over to half-life 2 comes out.

Ok, maybe I lived under a rock for a while... but what is CS:S. If I have halflife, can I just download it, or do I need to buy another whole game. I stopped playing CS a couple patches after 1.0

cs:source is...its hard to explain....i dont hate it...but i sure dont love it...

probley cos of the crap fps...the more realistic gameplay made it kinda dumb....i dont really know....i only bought for HL2 really...

how can u really play the good old days of scrimming on CS:S :/

do u know when HL2 is out? 23rd or something right?

Mortis, CS:S is counter strike using halflife 2's source engine. You have to buy halflife 2 in order to play it.

its alright...i never really got into cs in the first place...but for some reason i think this one is better...

VERY nice, but there's like a button conflict when i crouch and fire sometimes and it's not my keyboard b/c it works in other games.

realtadiquantu said:
u must have an uber video card for anything above basic settings or u will dip below 30 fps.
Uh, I don't think so. Where did you get that information? This game runs much faster than both Far Cry and Doom 3. I run the same settings in CS:Source as I do in UT2K4 and get similar FPS.

this game has some amazing engine code it will run smooth on even dx7 cards, it wont' look great though.

all they need to improve is the netcode now :D

It's alright, I think old CS was better though. Source has better graphics, but 1.5 had better gameplay.

I think the gameplay is dead on the origonal CS, I didnt care for 1.6 and I am glad the gameplay of source moved away from that and did more of an origonal feel to it.

BTW been playing CS sense 1.1, no doubt best online game ever. Period.

Back