• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problems with 4.10 catalyst

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FyreDaug

If I dont close any ATI exe's as soon as windows boots it will hang for either 5 minutes, or forever (30+ mins atleast). So I just uninstalled em and I'm trying the omega drivers rightaway.

Anyone else have problems with 4.10?

yeah, crashed my Call of Duty game after 5 minutes of play, everytime. I put the hotfix 8.07 beta back on and no problems since. The new 4.10 are based on the 8.062's its like they went backwards.

thats the 4.9 driver, the official ati catalyst driver before the 4.10's, it works ok too. It was released september 9th. But when Futuremark came out with 3DMArk 05, ATI relased the 8.07 beta(omegas also has a version). That driver will take your benchmarks way up..at least 3DMark 05 anyhow..I had a 4550 before I switched to the betas. now its at 5980 in 05. And its as stable as can be. The 4.10's were released yesterday and have problems.

veryhumid said:
i tried both, i like how the omegas let you adjust the AI level, plus they have the fix for the 256MB cards, working great so far.

Where do you adjust the AI level, I can't seem to find it on my drivers, and the ati control panel won't launch. :-/

veryhumid said:
plus they have the fix for the 256MB cards, working great so far.

It's because the latest Omega 2.590 driver is still based on the 8.07 beta not the offical new cat driver 4.10 (non beta) which is based on the 8.062. Omega hasn't released one based on that driver yet, and I don't know that they will considering it's performance problems so far. I use the older hotfix (8.07beta) from ati and it works fine. The memory fix is fine and the AI is fine. Omegas are great, I just don't like the radlinker interface, but again, Omega's latest 2.590 is based on the 8.07 beta, not the new 4.10 official

Back