• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whats the difference between XT and XTPE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cobra454

I know the PE is for the platinum edition on the x800 xt but what is the difference between the 2? Is the platinum edition just clocked higher or is it a different chip? I just recently order an x800 xt non plat and a ati cooler rev 4 for it. I was wondering if I will get PE scores with this combo?

The XT's are supposedly XT-PE's which didn't make Platinum speeds. But you may get lucky and have a card which will do XT-PE speeds. Both are based to the same R420 chip just like the Pro's.

Thanks thats what i kinda figured. Like I said I'm gonna put an aftermarket cooler on it and clock it up. I ordered a sapphire vivo x800 xt. A friend of mine at work said gigabyte cards have a bad reputation of dying and visiontek went out of business so avoid those.

well I think also the PE's have 1.6ns ram versus the 2.0ns in the xt..could be wrong though, might be the pro with 2.0

Not all Xt's use 1.6ns but, 2.0ns ram instead. The Saphire Xt uses 1.6ns ram but, the VisionTek Xt does not.

Do you know how to identify which type of ram it is? I once found a link that had the numbers and brand of ram to identify what ram was what but I have long since lost it.

Back