• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Major Router Help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DayUSeX

Got one of those linksys 80211g routers, and hooked it up. The network itself owrks jstu fine, but no one can see the internet (it was working fine before). Can someone help me please!!! Its a static ip so i entered in all the nfo that sbc gave me ( i know its correct becuase when i plug the modem into just a computer it works). Yet once its in the router nothing works please help!

router does have dhcp enabled, yes the modem is plugged into the router, could you clarify setting up the mac address??

you *shouldn't* need to setup the mac addy, atleast on any linksys i have used.

go to cmd prompt on one of your machines and do this

ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew

then list what it says after the ipconfig /renew

the ip, subnet mask, and gateway

well it should say the network settings right liek 192.168.1.xx and subnet of 255.255.0.0 and gateway of 192.168.1.100 or whatever right?

again thanx for all the help this is driving me crazy!

well just list what it says, will give us a better understanding, but yes close to that if its setup correctly.

subnet should be 255.255.255.0 though

255.255.255.248? thats an odd subnet mask for a default. try changeing it to 255.255.255.0 on your linksys. then change all ip's to 192.168.1.X on hosts maybe thats what your problem is.

Back