• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Celcius good ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
yes, that's good. especially if you have it at 1.81Ghz w/ a xp 2000+. my old one ran at 55c load oc to 1.75Ghz

BatousaiRyu said:
i dont even know for that type of cpu, in my opinion... anything over 38C is pushing it >.>

You water cooled? My athlon 2000+ sits at 1.876Ghz, 52°C under load just fine. Currently at 51°C, no problems. I think BatousaiRyu, might want to review how accurate his temps are, if he doesn't have a watercooled or phase change setup.

ps2cho, you're temps are fine. But, there's always room for improvement. Especially if you're OC'ing. That 52°C I listed above is my file server, 5 HDD's, OC'ed 2000+, and no sort of additional airflow though the case other than what the 300W, 80mm PSU fan exausts. (You don't even want to see how low my voltages are...). If I were you, I'd start by adding some case fans to improve air flow and see what that gets you temp wise. If it doesn't work one way, start flipping them around, and moving them to different locations. Failing that, it's time to mod! http://www.ocforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20

no im air cooled, but ive seen 2C on air b4... and yes a mini AC feeding into a case does count as air cooled :p 38C is relative to my system. my bios, avril, and speed fan all have the same readings, so relatively speaking thats my temps

That's like saying a a system in a freezer isn't considered phase change. Now turn off the AC and post your temps with what the general public has to live with before making statements like "anything over 38C is pushing it". Last time I checked this forum was about helping people resolve their problems, not about what you currently run. What does/did your Xp 2000+ run at? How did you get to those temps?

I don't know for your particular CPU, but that sounds fine. I hit a few C higher than that on load with my system with no problem at all.

As far as 38C at load w/ air goes, that'd be an act of god with my case. Before I changed out my PSU for one with two fans, added a second 80mm to my HSF, and punched out an 80mm exhaust, I was idling around there.

im only using 2 fans to get the 47c load using prime95 and was middle of the day when its hot.
so im guessing i can OC higher?

CrystalMethod said:
That's like saying a a system in a freezer isn't considered phase change. Now turn off the AC and post your temps with what the general public has to live with before making statements like "anything over 38C is pushing it". Last time I checked this forum was about helping people resolve their problems, not about what you currently run. What does/did your Xp 2000+ run at? How did you get to those temps?

i never said I was the one on the ac. but that i had seen it. and those are without ac

38°C pushing it? As long as it's below the maximum die temps and the PC doesn't crash then you should be fine with whatever temps. As a precaution you should watch out for temps in the 50°C and beyond range.

I'd be more concerned about my HDD temps as they have lower max temps and they store data. I wish I could keep my HDD temps below 38°C when defragmentating.

Back