• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

H4l0 2 H4s B33n H4xx0rd

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SC4P3G04T

Registered
hey all, just letting u know that Halo 2 has been leaked. many people already have the pirated game and are playing it on their xbox as we speak. This makes me so mad because its not gonna be as close to a "big" release as it already was gonna be b/c ppl have stolen the game. From what I have heard the scheme was just a big act of social engineering. Someone was just acting like they were gonna do some maintanence and like most ppl, they fell for social engineering. This really sucks that h4xx0rz had to do this. Try reading The Art Of Deception by Kevin Mitnick to protect yourself, its a great book

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/3743110.stm

http://www.gamepro.com/microsoft/xbox/games/news/38728.shtml

wow, most companies, big or small get infiltrated by social engineers. The Art of Deception is a VERY interesting book in my opinion. It gives examples and ways of avoiding giving confidential information away. But in this case halo 2 hasnt been hacked just basically 'tricked'. There is a lot of pirated copies of things out there, ebay has a swarm of them, need for speed 2? thats not gonna be out yet and they are already selling them? I dont think so..

yeah dude, good point, they pretty much were tricked, but im sure the game wasnt just sent over to them, even if they were VERY good s.e'ers then im sure the game did not get sent to them. There was probably some hacking involved. just a guess, but i hope that micro$oft is not tard enough to actually send the most highly anticipated games of all time to someone. Thats the power of social engineering. I am christian but i think this is a very good example, If I were jesus and you were a christian you would do anything I said right? Its what you have been taught to do. Thats the thing about social engineering. It most of the time takes place when people take less security measures b/c they are afraid of getting in trouble, so they do whatever the big man(the fake one) tell them. Hopefully yall get that, it was kind of thrown together. :p

please, lord PLEASE dont use "leet speak" as a title for your threads.

Old news, I think we had a thread about this a few days ago....

"A moderator on the official Halo 2 forums posted some speculations and warnings about the Halo 2 leak. To the question where the leak originated he answered "is almost positively the work of some jerk in the manufacturing plant who pocketed the game".

And yes, please leave the "l33t speak" at the door, or at least out of thread titles.

lol if ur not 1337 then you dont kno wth halo is in the first place lol. jk. well im sure it didnt get sent but like mr chambers said someone who worked on it jacked it. either or social engineering. not getting a person to send the file but to get a series of passwords to get to the file on the hard drive, etc etc

Edit - Flaming is NOT allowed! Don't let me catch you again. You've been here long enough to know that. -- Oni :sn:

Last edited by a moderator:
Check the attitudes at the door, guys. We have a strict 'no flaming' rule here, and that would most surly be considered flaming.

Consider this a warning.

as i said in the previous post ... i would have felt sorry if it was any other developer .. but hey its M$ and Bill $ Gates we are talking about .. so i don't feel sorry :p

everything have two sides -ive and +ive

so in this case

-ive : a game got leaked so idiot stealed and released it on the net ... hang him or something to that extent, this has been happening a lot just that when it comes to our favourite games it becomes personal :rolleyes: don't you think so that's wrong?

+ive : idea of mr gates pulling his hair and banging his head on the wall over this gives me a big grin on my face :D

as for those who are flamming the topic and going around name calling .. guys grow up there is more in this world than fighting over video game ( or girls, or oil or WMD or .. gosh list goes on and on .. :rolleyes: )

chill out what's done is done .. your name calling or your 733t ways of insulting others is not going to change the course of history .. if you can't chill out than i am sure good ol Oni will make ya chill with some of his "medicines" ;)

although mr gates is UBER RICH...why do u show so much hate for him, just because he has more money than you. Yeah...they do charge money for EVERYTHING, but thats a way to make money, i would do it. The more money the better...

i don't hate him for having more money than i have .. gosh if i was in that kind of complex than i would have commited suicide long time back lol ... and nor do i hate mr gates, its just that in my opinion he charges TOO MUCH for prioducts which are unfinished and full of bugs, also not to forget in my opinion he hijacks other's ideas and than mint money on them, they say in buisness world eveything is fair and there is no word as "moral" in buisness dictionary

in that case i am glad i am not a buisness student, nothing personal bro i just think M$ with their monopoly are keeping some good talent from coming ahead :)

They charge what they charge because people are willing to pay that much. As for the game being stolen, it was inevitable that it would get leaked. Just a matter of when. And its not like the people who download the games would buy them if they had the option...mostly poor students

I fail to see why this is such a big deal. Sure, Halo 2 is now out for download over the Internet, but there's thousands of patrons who have already reserved their legitimate copy of Halo 2. This kind of reminds me of the Eminem album that was "hacked" before its release. Lots of people downloaded it, but retail sales still remained strong. Why? Because the album was that good. The same thing will probably happen with Halo 2.

Quattro said:
Edit - Flaming is NOT allowed! Don't let me catch you again. You've been here long enough to know that. -- Oni :sn:

Damnit.. Sorry Oni.
But his attitude annoys me with all this 1337 speak stuff.
Do you think we can ban that and I promise I'll never flame ever again!

Back