• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i wanna overclock my 9200se

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

djravecreator

Hi Folks.

I have a ATI Radeon 9200se Card and i downloaded the soft modded drivers and atitool, i run the atitool with find max core but the problem was after 2 hours it crashed, it goes up to 308mhz but then it goes down at core 30 it crash is this normal i am a noob in overclocking!!!

Can someone explain me how to use the atitool or maybe has some good stats for the 9200se with passive cooling its the standard card from ATI.

I Hope someone can help me plz cause 200 core and 166 mem is too slow i have no money to buy a new one!!!

Greetz

Well I'm guessing that you don't know what the SE stands for then
SH** Edition

You don't have a very good card at all. Have you got any cash for an upgrade of any kind?

I know what ATI thinks it stands for but I think we all have the same perception of the branding in this forum.

Since you don't have any money to buy a new card.

Mind the max core yourself put it up 15mhz at a time and let it run the game test in 3dmark2001 and watch for it crapping out on the screen.

Do they same with the memory.

As for cooling I don't know if there is any point in spending the money and cooling that card.

Maybe someone with a better history of ATI will be more helpful to you then me?

iv got a 9200 and it aint v good card =/ cheap and cheerful as they say. it plays the games...but when it gets tough...it dont go well :(

iv got mine OC'd a little
im using RadClocker

its the easiest and best way to overclock.
mine occasionaly messes up when iv got like warcraft, counter strike, aim couple firefox browsers it resets itself...bout 4 tiems its made the comp restart but otherwise its fine.

i picked up this card for 100bucks iwht 60bucks rebate at staples. so compared to my 16mb nvidia card that came with my sony viao....it was great ! 16mb to 128mb
oooo i was so nieve...heh

no but wnays it is OC'able....but...not that much :/
does the SE have a fan?
my 9200 has a fan just cleaned it out today

Agent_Mull said:
My 9200 was locked. I couldnt over clock it. And the SE isnt the better one. just fyi

AFAIK, it's not the video card that's locked, it's the Catalyst drivers!!! You're required to use third party Catalyst drivers or downgrade to Catalyst 3.2!!!

Why did you get the softmod drivers? The 9200se doesnt have disabled pipelines, it has 64bit memory and lower clocks, so you cant softmod it into anything. SE = low clocks and half bit memory(half bandwidth per mhz). The best thing to do with that card is overclock, then run games at REALY low resolution, then play with the other settings. The 64bit ram realy kills it in the higher resolutions.

that card is crap. period. i had a celestica gold edition 9200se before i switched to a celestica gold edition 9600xt. haha i love celestica... oh yeah, my 9600xt ocs like crap, so i wouldn't get ur hopes up on a 9200se...

besides, that pos can't even run morrowind at lowest settings.

Back