• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Copper Tubing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

joelkyr

Just want to know if anybody here ever tried copper tubing for WC, just a question I ask myself whenever I look at my WC, we all know copper can absorb heat and wouldnt that make a big difference on your temp. Well the only problem would be maneuvering it inside your system with all those tight bend and looping you have to do. :cool:

theres a few people that have used copper tubing. if i remember correctly, some people say the differance in temperature is minimal, like 1 degree Celsius.

It made NO difference in my temps, but routing was a breeze and the looks of it sure was nice.
If you do this, just make sure to use plastic tubing for the last 2" or so to the waterblock hosebarbs, the stifness of the copper can easily unseat a block, giving you far worse problems.
You certainly can't solder the pipes into the correct positions while it's all in the case, so perfect alignment is near impossible.

While you can't solder it in tight quarters, you can certainly use soft copper lines rather than rigid. Sure, its tough to bend, hard to keep from kinking (in tight bends), and more expensive, but not as much soldering. They do make tools that prevent kinking (they look like wire wrapped around a tube; refeerenced in that article) that help somewhat; lots of heat helps too. Also, you can choose to insulate the 'cold' lines very easily. The good thing about the tubing is that you can make it so that the entire loop is at least 1/2" ID (or whatever ID you choose), since the fittings are made to fit around the tubing.

Basicly, its a better performer than tubing, but like all things that are 'better', require more time to make & setup. It also takes a bit of skill & luck to get things right. The last thing is that you can do some crazier stuff with all copper rather than tubing, since its easier to chop & fuse copper parts than chopping & fusing (must be melted juuust right) PVC tubing.

Well at least it did lower temp. although its minimal,how about a copper reservoir, has anybody tried it:rolleyes: that'll be great to have a copper tubing and at the same time a copper reservoir. :cool:

you guys / girls are great, Im going to have to work on that. I was thinking copper reservoir around 1ft high x 1ft wide x 2ft long with a suc compartment were I would place 2 or 3 peliers to cool down the reservoir, maybe i would out peiltier on each end and 1 under the box, aways the rest would be copper tubeing.

Back