• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Unwanted toolbar!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gimps

I recently installed Morpheus and with it came this begin2search.com toolbar that always comes up when I start Internet Explorer. I've looked for ways to get rid of this thing but it always comes back!

Any ideas on how to get rid of it or where I can look to delete it altogether?

Start | Run | Type regedit, and click OK | Expand the following branches in the Registry...

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT | CLSID | {52fe5233-367c-4efb-bdd7-0be4d212c107}

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE | SOFTWARE | Microsoft | Internet Explorer | Toolbar | {52fe5233-367c-4efb-bdd7-0be4d212c107}

...and delete the {52fe5233-367c-4efb-bdd7-0be4d212c107}, and {52fe5233-367c-4efb-bdd7-0be4d212c107} keys. You can do this by right clicking each of the two keys, and selecting "Delete". Backup (export) each of the two keys to your desktop before deleting.

Easy way: update IE and under tools, there is a manage addons option, through which you can disable the bar.

Fun/complete/possibly dangerous way: Regedit, and search for anything with the begin2search.

Make a note of any file locations, and start deleting all the strings.

and then delete the files; You may have to get into safe mode to do so.

2 things to solve all ur problems

download adaware 6.0
get mozilla firefox

Back