• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BFG 6800 Ultra OC from computerbrain

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pipsquek

Registered
Hey again! :) I just ordered a BFG Geforce Ultra 6800 OC from www.computerbrain.com I was skeptical on getting it since ive only heard of newegg, outpost, and zipzoomfly and couple others. Has anyone ever gotten anything from computerbrain? I find it weird that they have the BFG OC's in stock when newegg and a bunch of others do not. Just making sure I didnt go with a fluke order.

no it means their customer service/issuance of products they sell via the web is horrible. they will take your money and you will be waiting for your product for a while by the look of their reseller ratings.

Cancel the order and go with a reputable vendor asap

CK

Last edited:
Ive already ordered it on 10-14-04 said itd be in 4-7 days. The more reviews I read the more sicker I get. Spent 599 on it plus 8 bucks for special packageing. Luckly I bought my mobo, memory, psu and cpu from newegg. I actually saw the link in a post here somewhere so I went to check it and saw they had those cards in stock so I got it. Now I dunno.... I checked the status in my account on their site and says it was shipped already. Lets hope I get lucky on this one :(

One Customer Review said:
After 9 days, I finally received my MB/CPU combo. It came in a Fed Ex box. MB was wrapped in bubble wrap and the CPU was in a sandwitch bag along with all the screws

Think I may cry.

Last edited:
Somethin else, if they have reviews available on the site, then they are pretty confident about their service. That place.. has place for feedback, but no where to post... eehh..

Well a lady from computerbrain called me today and asked if I got my card yet i told her I did but havent put it in yet (just not got it) and she says if everything goes well with it could I please post good feedback on resellers.com and on these forums!! lol Ill let ya know how it goes :p

Even if they know they send out a good product once in a while, knowing it works all the time, it doesnt compensate for what i was reading on resellerratings.com about their usual service and support.

Ya im just praying, on another note I opened the package and the static bag had already been opened and another sticker was put on it to reseal it. :( Bout to rip out my new mobo and psu etc... and put all new stuff in.

A8V
Raptor 73gig SATA
Athlon 64 3800
Corsair XMS Xtra low latency 1gig PC3200
antec 550w psu
(and the video card)

Ill check back in a couple hours ;P

Pipsquek said:
Ya im just praying, on another note I opened the package and the static bag had already been opened and another sticker was put on it to reseal it. :( Bout to rip out my new mobo and psu etc... and put all new stuff in.

A8V
Raptor 73gig SATA
Athlon 64 3800
Corsair XMS Xtra low latency 1gig PC3200
antec 550w psu
(and the video card)

Ill check back in a couple hours ;P

so ur card was used? if so i'd pack it back up and give them a call, you shouldn't have to pay that much money for a used product, especially when it is advertised as new.

Reminds me of that one website i orderd from lol hmm what was the name damnit forgot thier name itsb een awhile.

Someone should know thier name they sell video card's that are overclocked and name them like 6800SuperUltra or 9700proextreme something like that.

Anyway i orderd a 9700pro from them cuss my other one died. I got my card in just fine but when i got it it was a 9700 rebranded to the 9700pro with only 3.3ns ram which 9700n/p's had and a volt mod very sneaky to the average user done to the memory. Card died after a week and they wouldnt let me return it.

I wouldnt accept anything used if I paid full retail. Thats bogus and I would also mention this wouldnt look good on the forums or on resellers if it wasnt rectified.

Well it got installed and put the newest divers in it. Here is the result right after I put in the drivers.

ss1.JPG

ss2.JPG

I dont know :) thats why I posted it. Went to BFG website said to update bios and if that doesnt fix it then I have to call them. Wonder if I can send it directly back to BFG and hopefully get a new one and not have to deal with computer brain agian :(

It looked kind of like the artifacts you see when the memory is too hot or overclocked too much. You might install coolbits and underclock it as a means of diagnoses.

I say send that thing back and call the credit card company to remove the charges. Claim fraud as you were told you were getting a new card not some RMA that some joker messed up.

Sounds like they sent you 10lbs of sh*t and only a 5lb. bag.

Yep, i put it back in to try the coolbits thing and it only show that pixelation when I install the newest nvidia drivers. Before I install the drivers I see that when it boots up some words are glitching and flickering an at the windows load screen after that everything is good untill I install the drivers.

Back