• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

website icons under favorites in IE...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

arnoldma

you guys know those small icons some websites have when u add them to ur favrites, or bookmarks, in internet explore? i was just wondering how i could get them back? as they disappear after you delete temp. internet files, plus the temp internet files folder delete themself after a while for new files...

cheers! :thup:

My favorite program to use for saving those "Favicons" (when you add a Web shortcut to your Favorites folder, IE looks for an icon file named Favicon.ico in the Web site's root folder. If it finds the file, IE uses this icon instead of the default blue-and-white "e" icon in the Favorites bar, the Favorites menu, and the Address bar. Custom icons make the Favorites list easier to scan, so you can locate a given shortcut faster) is called FavOrg, which can be d/l'ed from Pcmag here...

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,4149,13999,00.asp

...the nice thing about using this small utility (other than it's free to use) is the fact that when run, it checks all of the websites in your Favorites folder for favicons...and saves them to a directory which it creates. Normally, whenever you clear your Temp. folder in IE, your favicons are lost and the only way to restore them is to delete the links from the Favorites folder and recreate them.

No, but the newer versions of Firefox save the favicons to a cache...so there really isn't any need to use a program like FavOrg.

Back