• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help...please..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jamie_bkc

Could somone please re-inforce my confidence here, I plan to get a 2600mobile chip with a NF7-S, BUT for £14 more i could have got the 2800 64bit chip with a mobo, I ordered a swiftech 6002 waterblock for a k7 socket. What I want to know is, is there much differece between the 64bit 2800 and an overclocked 2600? or have I just wasted my money on the swiftech?

if it was up to me i would get the A64 it has better upgrade potential im not sure about performance compared to Mobile but if you can wait it would be kewl to wait for the Socket 939 pci-E mobos sorry a little of subject.

hope this helps

i second the Athlon-64
they are also alot faster at the same PR rating as Athlons are.
Gota love that on-die memory controller

I would keep what you ordered man =) those 2600mobiles are nice chips , 2.4-2.9 (on air ) so with ur nice wb (what version im thining about the 6002) you should get a nice OC . Yes the a64's are a faster but Look @ peoples scores from super pi , sandra , 3dmark (01,03,05) for ppl with the same vid card , and you will see that they dont beat these mobiles by much . and then when u are tired of these chips (mobiles) the "good stuff" will be out . then have some real fun =)

im not too worried about not being able to upgrade because the 939 chips are waaaay too expensive and the 754's are being phased out, I would've got a 754. I think I will stay with the mobile, and when the 939's become more accessible then I can get a newer attatchment for my 6002 waterblock because I can't find anywhere in the UK that sells the k8 attatchment

Back