• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FX5700U BIOS modding

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ket

Ello all, looking for some info that I can't find anywhere on the net but I know its out there so hers hoping somebody has read it! Ok i've edited my FX5700U BIOS with some major success but there is one thing stumping me because icant find it in the VCs bios but i know its in there somewhere, shader performance. by default shader performance is by no means anything to write home about but it is possible to edit this info with a hex editor to get a significant boost, just wondering if anybody can help me out on this

cheers :beer:

nevermind got it done, looking for pixel shader now in its BIOS, anybody know where it is in the VCs BIOS to save me trying to hunting it out?

Here we go, thought you ppl out there might like to give this BIOS ive customisd a go on your 5700 ultras. why am i bothering? simply to show what the 5700ultra WAS capable of as opposed to the rather mediocore midrange performance it was doing. I find when measuring the cards performance its best to use Aquamark3 both with the card at whatever levels you currently run it at, then again when flashed with the new BIOS.

default settings for this BIOS aside from various improvements are;

2D 1.2v -> 1.3v
3D 1.4v -> 1.5v
throttle: 1.3v -> 1.5v
500MHz GPU
960MHz DDR
2D GPU 350MHz

Let me know what performance gains u get if anybody tries it so i get some ideas what to improve next ;)

Attachments

• 57Umod.zip
    39.8 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Back