• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

building new pc help?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ranmart

Registered
I'am looking for a motherboard,videocard,ram and cpu using the new 925x chip, pci express and ddr2 that would be better then what I have now(the cheaper the better)Thanks

What I have now gigabyte GA-8KNXP motherboard,Sapphire Radion 9800pro,intel P4B at 2.4 400fsb and 1gb pc2700 ram.

I suggest you browse through www.newegg.com, pick some parts and let us yell at you about how horrid it is and tell you what you really SHOULD get.

Btw, why 925x chipset, pci-e and ddr2? It would be MUCH cheaper to go with an athlon64 system and an agp x800 or 6800, and you would get equal or better performance.

I'am trying to build a future safe machine.Info I read said come this time next year ddr1 and agp will be gone.If you were building a machine to last as long as possible what would you buy.Thanks

well It really depends on what you using it for and if you want to stay with intel or go to amd.

I never had a AMD so i was intimidated. But spent some time here at overclockers and some time at newegg and I just orderd my new rig.

Motherboard $73
CPU $164
Ram $75

$312 free shipping

and Next year AMD64 CPUs should start to drop once intel releases there new CPUs. So you can upgrade to a 3400 or higher for alot less $$ down the road. And if you wanted get one gig of ram then you can always pick up another the board can use up to 3 gig. You will run well for a while. But remeber if you overclock it will lower then life of your hardware.

Last edited:
I 'am using my pc for gameing and the net.I need a machine that will make games like doom 3 shine.After reading up on amd I think there the better bet for gameing.has any one here seen the maximumpc demo video of unreal3 it's going to be great. It's all most a year away but what hardware out now do you thing will make this game shine.I spend way too much money on my machine right now and hope to do one last upgrade that I can leave alone for a year or 2 and still play the best games.

Any A64 or P4-c/e will handle these games fine, spend your money on a video card. Get yourself a bunch of ram and 6800gt/X800pro minimum.

Wait untill xmas when the AMD PCI-E mobos come out. DDR2 is still waaaaaaay overrated. get yourself a 939 board with a PCI-E 6800GT and a decent 3200-3500 processor. It'll blaze in any current game, and when performance starts to drop in a year or so, you can drop in another GT and pick it right back up.

Any one know the price on and were you can get the abit AX8 Motherboard It looks good and has pci express

Even though Abit has it on their site, it isnt actually out yet :rolleyes: All the PCI-E boards should be appearing towards the end of the month, and they probably will be very hard to find untill xmas

Back