• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GeForce3 Ultra & MX, rumors continue!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zeke009

GeForce3 MX & Ultra ... fact or fiction?

Gamespot.uk has posted an article saying that in 6 weeks the public should be seeing the GeForce3 MX & GeForce3 Ultra. I am not trying to bring the rumors full circle again, I will believe once I read it on nvidia.com.

What I am wondering is this: What happened to the price of the orginal GeForce2 when the MX and Ultra versions came out? Was there a significant price cut or was it minimal? I ask only because I was about to order a GeForce3, but if there is a chance that I could see a $50 drop or so in a month... I might actually wait.

Pinky said:
No way to tell.

It's all gossip until the card's on the shelf ready for my money.

LOL!!! I agree! But what a price tag on some of these cards now. Granted, the more competition or the more they "tweak" the cards the more the price drops in the end. I just wanted to get a damn good card now, wait another 2 years or so before I begin to entertain the idea of a new vid card.

Hell by that time, they will have holo-projectors or some crazy shi.. err... stuff like that.

Last edited:
Zeke009 said:
GeForce3 MX & Ultra ... fact or fiction?

Gamespot.uk has posted an article saying that in 6 weeks the public should be seeing the GeForce3 MX & GeForce3 Ultra. I am not trying to bring the rumors full circle again, I will believe once I read it on nvidia.com.

What I am wondering is this: What happened to the price of the orginal GeForce2 when the MX and Ultra versions came out? Was there a significant price cut or was it minimal? I ask only because I was about to order a GeForce3, but if there is a chance that I could see a $50 drop or so in a month... I might actually wait.

Just look at BestBuy or BestBuy.com For an indication of whats on the horizon.

They Just lowered the price of a Visionteck GF3 to $299, I was in thier store a couple weeks ago and it was $399

Don't get me wrong, I like Best Buy... in fact their charge card gets the most use of the ones I have. I love that store...:cool: But Best Buy seems to be far behind at times in their pricing. Not all the time or in all departments, mostly in computer components do I notice that.

I was just wondering what happened to the initial GeForce2 when the MX and Ultra versions were introduced. How big was the price drop, if there even was a price drop. I am sure the GeForce3 will drop, just looking for a guess based on the past success of Nvidia products and the new models the introduce.

According to CompUSA's compendious product database, details for the two parts are as follows:

SKU: 286647
NAME: PNY Titanium GeForce 3 500
PART#: VCGF3TI5PB
PRICE: $399.99
COST: $323.78

SKU: 286648
NAME: PNY Titanium GeForce 2
PART#: VCGF2TIPB
PRICE: $199.99
COST:$152.25

Source: http://www.nvnews.net/

I saw that earlier, I wonder what the specs are on those? I checked PNY's site and found nothing at all. Guess you can't really call that a rumor, unless CompUSA is having fun with the public.

Here is that whole article, Titanium?

The GF3 Ti200 and Ti500 are not going to change the price of the GF3 at all. What will change the price is the release of the Radeon 8500. If you order now you are making a big mistake, IMO, because the prices will soon bottom out.

Also if you wait you can determine whether the Radeon 8500 (once it has final drivers)might be a better card, and it will likely be cheaper than the GF3.

Back