• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

R350 or R360?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HittingSmoke

Registered
I have a Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro 128 I want to flash to XT if I have an R360 core. Is there a way to tell what kind mine is? Also does anyone know what memory this card uses?

I think the memory depends on the age of the card, and AFAIK if you get the right modded bios (specificly for 128mb cards) you can flash to xt even if your core is r350

There is only ONE way to tell if you have an r350 or r360, take off the heatsink. all software will read from the BIOS, which will always say r350 on a pro card, even if it's really an r360. Also, you can just look at the RAM to see what type it is. you also have to see if you can overclock to 412 core, 365 mem, if so, then you can do an XT mod

you also have to see if you can overclock to 412 core, 365 mem, if so, then you can do an XT mod
Attually with my 9800np i couldn't quite get to 412 with the standard BIOS (i got 403 or something) But It worked Perfectly with the 9800XT BIOS and even overclocked further.

well if u got it new in the last 4 months id prolly says its an r360 with xt pcb. I have the sapphire 128mb 9800pro and its a dam good card

I checked and it is 360 and when i run ATI tool for 10 mins it takes my card WELL over XT specs so I just flashed it to XT. Everything went fine but the overdrive menu didnt show up like I had expected, do i have to reinstall catalyst?

When I try to enable the temp monitor in ATI Tool a temp does show up as around 60 C but sometimes it drops to 20 and stays there for a bit, then goes back up. Does this mean I dont have a probe? I checked the card with pics on another site and it is identical to the Sapphire 9800 Pro 128 XT pcb so I figured it would.

HittingSmoke said:
1. do i have to reinstall catalyst?

2. When I try to enable the temp monitor in ATI Tool a temp does show up as around 60 C but sometimes it drops to 20 and stays there for a bit, then goes back up.

1. try it, i think you do.
2. that's normal, my xt (which i got after RMAing a Pro to ATi :p) does the same thing

now im using r350 core. is that if i can achieved 412 clock, 365 memory.. then i got chance flash to XT too??? ;p

Reinstalling Catalyst and the ATI control panel did work either =( Im switching to omega tonight.... I know its the right card!!! Why wont it show up?

BTW do the omega drivers show an overdrive menu? Or does radlinker overide it?

Back