• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ATI Tool and 9800 Pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HittingSmoke

Registered
I just flashed my Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro 128 to XT today and everything went perfect. I brought up ATI tool and turned on temp sensing. It is recording at around 60c almost all the time except every once in a while when it drops to 20c and sits there for a while. I checked my card and it is identical to a pic I found of a Sapphire 9800 128 I saw that was labled as being an XT pcb on http://www.rojakpot.com/default.aspx?location=3&var1=92&var2=2 I have the one labled Radeon 9800 Pro with R360 core, 8x32MB DDR memory. Everything on my card matches this one except the cooler. It should have a probe but the temps just dont sound like they're accurate. They range from 59-66, I figure there should be alot more slack between full load and idle, and the sudden drops to 20c for no apperant reason. Anyone know why this is?

Also, when I flashed I didnt get the overdrive tab unlocked. I used BIOS that were marked as original Sapphire 128 XT BIOS, shouldnt that do it or do I have to reinstall Catalyst

Back