• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

o/c'ed 9800pro CS Source Problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shuRe

I posted this in the games forum but though u guys might have had the same probs as most people here have a 9800 pro with some sort of o/c.

"I had this prob for ages now and really starting to **** me off. Specs are as below with windows xp and sp2. Tried reinstalling omega 4.10 drivers, tried worst settings in cs:s, no diff.

Basically i can play cs:s for maybe 2-3 mins between each freeze if im lucky, and when i do freeze i get looping sound and all movement stops. It lasts for about 4 secs, but sometimes forever. When i do stop freezing the items i have are highlighted up the right and dead bodies spawn around me.

PLEASE HELP!!"

I think it might be down to my gfx card but i tried running it at 412/362 (xt stock i think) which is completely stable and i still get the same probs.

Anyone else has similar probs with thier 9800 pro and CS:S?

try getting rid of those drivers. The 4.10 was a mistake in my eyes (and many others eyes' too) from ATI. I emailed ATI the day those drivers came out as I was having a similar problem in another game and have not heard back from them. I am asuming they know there is a problem that needs to be fixed. The 4.10's are based on the 8.062 driver set. Try going with the 8.07 hotfix from ATI(click on hotlink), or the Omega 2.5.90. These are based on the 8.07's, or you can even call them the 4.10 betas. I can't understand whay ATI came out with an 8.07 beta hotfix, then released the 4.10's based on the 8.062's.

Good luck I hope you get this issue resolved, sucks not being able to play :bang head

here is a previous forum link to show others have had problems with the official 4.10's too.

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=336465

my cpu is at stock with 200x11 and i dont really want to suffer a performance loss because of just playing cs:s. I tried lowering my gpu core but doesnt seem to have worked, will try turning off gpu recoverly when i get home.

Any more help would be appreciated.

Back