• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My x800 wont overclock very high

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The memory speed is calculated at 2x550 which is 1100 for you!!! It is Double Data Rate Memory!! What you are able to get to is great. Is that a playable overclock?

Oh, I got ya, then yeah I guess that is right. Yes it is playing Doom3 and Far Cry just fine at 1028x786 with all the graphics at high. But it was up to 585/565 before I started messing with all the differant drivers.

well keep messin around with them then until you find the optimal drivers for your system. 585/565 is a pretty juicy overclock. stock cooling i assume.

Best I can manage on my softmodded pro is 570/605 without artifacts, thats all still at stock volts - your OC looks pretty respectable to me :D

I have been messing around with overclocking but if I overclock it higher it doesnt have enough power to power the onboard sound card and if I overvolt it my computer just turns off.

I have the same processor and I am able to get over 13,000. I would say make sure you're are using the Omega 2.5.90's which are based on the 8.07 hotfix(or 4.10 BETA), or the 8.07 hotfix itself from ATI. Same driver just different interface. Hotfix uses ATI control panel, while the Omegas use the radlinker. I would not use the latest Official Cat 4.10 as it actually based on the 8.062 driver set, and doesn't have the memory fix.

And your oc's are fine..I don't even take mine past 545/565. Do you know if you have the 1.6ns ram or the 2.0ns as windom had asked? To tell just look at the chips, the last numbers will be either 16 or 20 if you are using stock cooling you might be able to get it a little higher by using an aftermarket cooler such as the Zalman or the Arctic Cooling ATI Silencer 4. Other than that lower benchies could just be due to settings or maybe the motherboard what are you oc'd to on the cpu?

edit, you type too fast...lol. What power supply are you using?

There is no indication that the Zalman won't fit. I would however use thermal tape on the ramsinks instead of thermal paste. Just in case it breaks on you, you can remove that stuff and still have your warranty.

As far as your ram you do have the 2.0ns ram, so I think your OC's are very respectable. Once you install the Zalman you might squeeze a bit more out of both the core and the ram. If after that you are still dissatisfied, I would send it off to ViperJohn for some voltmods. Guy does incredible things with ati. Hes gotten 12 pipe pro's up over 600/600 ON AIR!!!

what power supply did you have?

Its just a 420 watt that came with the case. I dont know what kind it is, some generic brand I would guess.

hmmm not the power supply...I just think you have hit a wall with the current cooling. Install the Zalman and see what it does

Back