• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help: Did I really get a Sapphire X800 XT PE?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nathias

Registered
OK, I ordered the following Sapphire RADEON X800 XT Platinum Edition 256MB DDR AGP8X VIVO/DVI (Retail) from AllStarShop.com --> LINK

I got the card today and the box says nothing about it being a Platinum Edition card. It just says Sapphire Radeon X800 XT. I went to http://www.sapphiretech.com/media/media.asp and they have some box pictures and for the X800 XT PE, they show a different box than the one I have.

I'm thinking I got screwed and they shipped me a $520 card for the $729 I was charged. Can anyone offer any assistance on my issue here. I don't want to open the box and examine it any further since I don't want issues with with them when I want to ship it back.

Damn if thats a US price you got ripped. I went for the pro and flashed it. Seems like the best idea to me, its technically the same card. 1.6ns 256 256bit ddr with a 420 core...

No, I didn't install it. I'm not unboxing this thing until I know what the deal is.

secretweapon said:
Did you install it already? If you did you can check its default clock rate. 520mhz for PE, 500 for regular XT.

Yes, that is the US price and yes it was expensive. I didn't want to deal with flashing and possibly frying my card for that amount of money. I had saved up for the card and money really wasn't an issue.

FyreDaug said:
Damn if thats a US price you got ripped. I went for the pro and flashed it. Seems like the best idea to me, its technically the same card. 1.6ns 256 256bit ddr with a 420 core...

That's what I figured. Grrrr. Spent extra money to have it next day'd too. Looks like I need to have a little chat with them on the phone tomorrow to get this resolved.

secretweapon said:
The sapphire XT PE's says Platinum edition on the front of the box, right under the X800 XT. The AGP version is blue and the PCIe version is red

I think the vendor screwed up.

Yeah sounds like they messed up, should say PE on the box. It does however only say X800 XT on the actual card on the back.

Give them a call and see - may just be a simple mistake. Who knows, be nice and maybe they will offer a money off voucher or something to make up for it :)

Default is truely the way to seperate the two, I got the exact same box but I had the red PCB one, it say xt on the box and cooler but I get 520/5690 default in every utility I got reading off it.

Plain XT's run at 500/500 while XT PE's run at 520/560... there is a little bit of a difference there. Looks like you got screwed over, call them up and tell them to fix it.

PottaCoola said:
all that money for 20mhz more?

60mhz memory (120) default which is a lot. Not to mention faster memory chips (1.6ns).

And the fact it's top dog. :clap:

what? the x800xt and then the pe have same mamory dont they? and 20/60mhz aint a lot for an extra 50 or 100 dollers what ever it is. youll only gain like 5fps maybe.

the early model pro vivo's and the xt's all had 1.6ns memory. But due the yield problems of the PE's, they are no longer manufacturing the pro vivos' OR the XT with 1.6ns chips. You can get lucky and get a earlier produced one that has them, but anything manufactured as of late will have 2.0ns ram. I agree talk to them and see what their return policy is. If they will let you open it and install it, you should be able to tell if it's a PE. Either it was truly a mistake on the vendor's part, or they are shady as hell selling you that. One note, I have an ASUS X800XT/TVD, no where on the box does it say PE but I called ASUS before I ordered it and they assured me it was in fact a PE. It does have the 1.6ns ram, and the higher clock speeds. Try to call Saphire with the part number and or serial and they should be able to tell you if it is a PE.

Im from the school of thought, that goes "whats the point in saving 50quid, when your already spending 300+"

i didnt say 50 pound i said 50 dollers + and if you got the money keep talking but i dont see a point in spending more money when you can easily clock to them speeds. btw my x800xt pci came with 1.6ns ram

Well thats makes less sense as 50dollars is worth far less than 50quid. :)

With them coming with 2.0ns, i think it's worth it to get a PE.

Back