• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Upgrade to the pharm

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cy

Well the bad news is my dual duron system of several years is apparently dieing. Its only a couple of 1.1s but it has faithfully crunched SETI for me and churned out many a work unit. :/

The goods news is that supposedly I will be replacing it with a dual Opteron 242 system in the near future (1-2 weeks). Maybe this will be enough to keep me in the top 10 for a while longer. There sure seems to be a lot of hard core producers in the top 20 or so of those who have converted to BOINC! :)

Cy

Cy said:
Maybe this will be enough to keep me in the top 10 for a while longer. :)
Cy
Congrats on your new to be cruncher.
I may have to upgrade everything I have just to stay in the Top 20 for another few weeks. ;)

The other part of the good news is that this is a work system so its not coming out of my pocket! ;)

Cy

Just a quick update: I finally got the dual Opt'ys on order today! Woohoo! Now I'll be able to send/receive email at lightening speed.

Cy

Congrats on the new dual Opt's your getting . I have dual MP's and they do some crunching . I know your going to be happy. :)

Yeah, I need to more or less finish the new lab in the house and get some new photos posted and update all the info. I'm sure I'll find time during the cold winter here in KY. :)

Cy

Back