• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PRO / PROTD difference?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gorilly

i have £250ex-vat to replace my rma'd 9800pro.

firstly should i get an X800PRO 256MB or a 6800GT 128MB?

What is the difference between a pro and a proTD? There is a pro for sale for 200 and a proTD for 250, what am i getting for the extra £50?

cheers

mike

I don't know what TD is, but I would have to say that a 6800gt would be better than an x800pro.

Steven4563 said:
what kind of games u gonna be playing

OpenGL = 6800GT
DX9 = X800pro but either arent "bad"

at the end of the day thats always going ot be the argument. prob mostly direct x so an ati but the 6800 still wont be far behind. i think the cards are kind of level.

i thought id have a replay about the Td and the 256 over the 128 by now lol

Hey man,

If you're talking about the asus ax800pro/td then yeah the pro and pro/td are the same thing except with different names.

IMO, I'd stay away from the Asus. The darn thing makes clicking noises all the time. I'm thinking that Asus does something differently from others because they seem to be one of the few with this "clicking" problem.

Spyd3r said:
Hey man,

If you're talking about the asus ax800pro/td then yeah the pro and pro/td are the same thing except with different names.

IMO, I'd stay away from the Asus. The darn thing makes clicking noises all the time. I'm thinking that Asus does something differently from others because they seem to be one of the few with this "clicking" problem.

thanks mate,

i know everyone is going to scream at me for this but i actually really hate asus... i do a few system builds for customers and also where i work, Asus boards give me nothing but trouble.. they are good for overclockers but terrible for everyone else!

last example was a K8V, there was a bug on the board, when cool n quiet was used the cpu fan stopped spinning... i understand this was a bug which was fixed with an upgrade but this type of thing should never happen in the first place... total crap.. i prefer my DFI, gigabyte... etc.

secondly never trust MSI either.. they have a habbit for living for 2 years then just all of a sudden dying...

Nah no one's going to scream at you. Yeah Asus imo is an okay company. Just can't understand why their K8N-E Deluxe had to have problems overclocking with SATA hard drives. Plus now their card is giving me problems. Sold the old one to my friend. Bought another Asus AX800Pro, Vivos ran out and don't know where to find some sure to mod anymore, and it makes the same ticking noises. I mean if I put the ATi4 on it, it amplifies the noise.

So now I'm probably going to RMA the card and hope it's just a bad batch. Kinda sucks because I've already went a week without my computer. Now I'll have to go another.

Back