• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BBA 9800NP 128mb able to do XT flash?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Goodyer

Registered
i have a BBA 9800NP 128mb flashed PRO with the R350 core. ive had it like this for more than 6 months with no problems. my question is can this thing do XT speeds?

i have a VGA silencer v3 on it. (this good for just silence, cooling or both?)

the ram is:
samsung 325
K4D263238E - GC33

which im pretty sure is 3.3ns
what do you guys think?

thanks

If your card can do stock 9800 XT clock speeds of 412 core / 365 memory then it will flash to XT for you, no problem.

An XT BIOS for a 9800 XT with Samsung 8E-GCxx RAM should work fine with your card, although I don't know if such a BIOS exists.

max ram 378mhz
max core 412mhz, next step higher in rivatuner is just over 418mhz, with SLIGHT artifacts

would xt drivers increase voltage? an increase that might cause artifacts or instability?

No, an XT BIOS does not increase the voltage that your card is getting at all - you need to do a modification in order to do any overvolting with these cards.

Since an XT BIOS makes your card's 'BIOS stock' speeds exactly 412/365, it sounds like you'd probably be O.K. doing the flash, if you can find an appropriate BIOS image. Note that you could just change your BIOS stock speeds with a BIOS editor like RadEdit, and essentially achieve the same thing.

You have to question the purpose, as an XT flash on an R350 cored (your 9800 Non Pro) card doesn't really do much but change the BIOS stock speeds, and sometimes garner a ~300 point boost in 3DMark benchmarks.

You wouldn't see any increase in gaming performance, over what you have running right now. Basically, you get a "9800 XT" listed in your device manager, instead of a "9800 Pro".

Back