• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Temps with Merlin's D25 D2 CPC On

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

spydeymon

Has anyone who switched to this bios notice an increase in temps at all ? Maybe my as5 is melting away ? How often do u take off hs and reaply as5?

It's supposed to be replaced every three months or so.

I read it here in the forums somewhere, it will loose some of it's thermal transfer ability but as most of us want the chip to be as cool as it can be, I at least will reapply it every three months

thx Avg for the info!! it wasn't that i didnt believe you, i was just surprised that it was that often.. i have an old tube of AS3(about 2 years old now) is it still any good, can i still use it?? i see they have AS5 out now..

Also, flashing between BIOS will change your temp readings. Going from a D2x to another D2x BIOS won't result in too much of a change, but going to a D10 BIOS will make your temps jump up by at least 10°C, at least for me.

It's probably still good, but one thing that is in the manual is that with time some of the impurities of the thermal past will settle down to the bottom denpending how is was placed, just make sure you don't get any of that mixed in with the thermal paste, it doesn't conduct heat as well as the paste itself.

I noticed that running my prommie and this BIOS I cannot read below 0 Celsious in BIOS or programs that use BIOS readings. Not very helpful

OH well.

*I didnt read well enough sorry I am using the D-26.
Wardog

Back