• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

99% that I'm getting BFG 6800 GT

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

g0dM@n

Inactive Moderator
Okay... I dunno if Kenshiro and a few other guys remember the problem I went through with iocombo.com. Those tards made me so happy for a day or two and then made me sad. They had a mispriced Leadtek A400 6800GT at 319 bucks that I got with 2day shipping for like 338 bucks. Anyways, the cancelled my order and refunded my money without my permission.

Good news is I remained patient, and now I have a new and improved situation. My little brother (18) has a friend that works at BestBuy. He knows I was very upset about the situation and had asked his friend about what he could get me a BFG for. Well, I spoke to him today and he's getting me the BFG 6800 GT for 310 bucks plus tax... which is a little less than 340!!

I'M SO EXCITED! I HOPE THEY AREN'T SOLD OUT WHEN HE GOES TO PURCHASE IT FOR ME. I've had this cash waiting to be spent on a good buy.

I also read that I can hit 420/1100 easily on the BFG 6800 GT's stock cooling. This true?

haha, i can hit 430/1250 on my pny, but the 1250 is a bit high, for most, expect at LEAST 410 to 1100. mostlikely more. especially for a BFG,

You're saying I can hit high with the stock cooling, correct? Only thing that confuses me is that I've seen two different coolers for the BFG:

Cooler A

Cooler B (shown at BFG tech themselves)

Now, originally I thought "Cooler B" was for the 6800 NU only, but as you can see BFG Tech shows it even for the GT. I wonder which is better and which I will get. I mean... I've seen the BFG 6800 NU and the GT at BestBuy and they both had "Cooler B." Any clues if it's a hit or miss, or just wrong pix?

Damn BestBuy gets their shipment tonight. I may have to wait til tomorrow, but I'm going to Manhattan tomorrow.... so maybe I'll have it Saturday =)

awsome luck man! im looking into buying one of these (...actually two when SLI comes out :D ), but im gunna be spendin alot more than 310 for it. stupid canadian prices...

I also just recently ordered one of these bad babies... the dual fan one is a new revision and model, it provides more accurate cooling and is overall more safer because there are 2 fans onboard just incase one fails..

Are all you guys going to OC with the stock stuff on it? That's what I wanted to know.

Oh... and yes, I've seen the dual fan ones at BestBuy. I guess those are the ones they carry =)

i have the dual fan card (cooler b) running at 400/1100 like nothin, and it lights up blue if your into the windowed scene

edit:i have the oc version, dunno if that makes a difference or not

lol, i remember IOCOMBO.com. Yup, they mislabel the price. That place is a scam. Extremely overprice vid card, plus they don't honor their price. Well, it's just bad publicity for them. I'm also still looking around, but I think I will upgrade my PC first. Let me know how well your vid card works out.

My BFG GT only clocks to max 392/1100, I actually heard from many sources that the dual fan BFG's are worse than the reference ones, but o well I personally got it for the warranty not overclock, I need this card to last me at least 2 years..

Wow only 392? I mean that's not BAD, but odd. Well, my brother's friend (the one that works at BB that's getting me this card) just called about an hour ago. He said he got it. He will be giving it to my lil bro when he gets off work tonight. I'm goin into the city (Manhattan) tonight, so I will fire it up tomorrow.

I'm so psyched. Anyways, anyone got any links for OCing or have any advice? I've been an OCer for quite a while, but never really took the time to OC any of my video cards really. I OCed my ti4600 once from 300mhz to 330mhz using some tool, but that's it.

Help a brotha out on some video card OCing =) I'm going to be new to it.

Well, overclocking of the 6800GT is only guarantee with the Gainward GS. The rest are just hit or miss. I will say that the only other 6800GT that has a high chance with hitting Ultra spec will be the Leadtek, because of their giant copper heatsink. Let us know how far you can o/c that card.

I'll be happy with anything, but I'm hoping for 420/1.12ish

I replaced the dual fan setup with a stock reference cooler and the copper vga block and had a reduction in temps. I thought the dual setup was not very well laid out.

With the stock cooler I was at 55-56C idle and 79-80C load.
With a lapped EVGA Copper HS it was at 51-52C idle and 71-72 load.

I was able to OC the GT to 420 / 1.15 with no other modifications.

Over all it’s a great card.

Your sig says you have an Ultra at 450/1.2... but nothing about a GT. Is that in another rig? Also, what VGA cooler are you talking about. Give me a link. Was it an xtra cooler you had or something?

Anyways, I need to know where I can get the software I will need to OC this. I'm goin home today (stayed over my gf's place), and my brother already got my card from his friend. I need the correct software and temp monitors to do this. Where is the best place to find the correct stuff I will need? :burn:

Back