• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Powercolor Radeon 9600xt ultra

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dan0512

Hello, I'm going to get a new card to upgrade the GeForce 2mx good for nothing turd. I'm planning on spending no more than $140, I was looking at the 9600xt, and found this really nice one here for only some 8 dollars over budget. I'm willing to go $8 over this time because the specs look nice, the memory is not the standard 300 mhz but 340mhz that usually o'c all the way up to 400, the H/S is also nice. Does anyonce have this card, and is Powercolor a reputable brand? Or is there anything else you'd recomend?

Dan

Well from what i know about Powercolor is that they have very good performance but are terrible at overclocking. If u want a bit of both go with a Sapphire.

I agree with infinity, I own a radeon 9000 heheh OLD SKOOL and I tried to OC it using atitool, I bumped my core up from 250 default to 300, but I could barely nudge the memory. Default was 185 and atitool found my max memory at 191. Which is CRAP!!! Although, you get a better performance boost from your core clock rather then your memory anyhow. So at least its not the other way around. Anyways, I wouldn't go with powercolor if you plan on OCing your chip, I just don't believe you'll get very far, although i've been wrong before(but havn't we all) :p

I was under the impression that it was the other way around but I could be wrong, but anyway I have a 9800pro from powercolor and I very happy with it, it oc at about average at 435core 375mem from 378core 338mem, but I would look for a 9700pro or even a 9800pro used, eventhough the 9600xt is a nice card it only has 128bit mem bandwitdh and only 4 pipes and for about the same proce or a little more you could get a card with 256bit mem bandwitdh and twice the pipes.

urr my 9600xt is the otherway around... i flashed it to a sapphire bios, and managed to get overdrive on with 340 mem. my core oc's horrible btw.

Back