• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i believe i just killed my HIS x800pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

veryhumid

yeah system was running great, had a ton of fun playing doom3 and battlefrom recently, but i wanted to eek out some more performance without an overclock. So i reboot, go into the BIOS and activate the memory enhancing feature on 875p chipsets, i think it is called PAT or MAT, something like that. So I put it on turbo (options are turbo and standard) and then reboot, everything is okay! So i decide to run a timedemo in doom to see if I got any noticeable increase. so i load it up and walk out for a bit. when i come back everything is a mess, all colors are off, artifacts galore, weird symbols and patterns flashing everywhere. So I go crap!!! and close the demo. and my destop is the same thing! weird dots around my mouse pointer as well as icons and the start button. Sorry i did not take pictures but i was really too pissed off. So I reboot, same problem, and now all my bios screens are screwed up! I tried dvi and vga same deal. I also swapped memory sticks. I even had another brand new motherboard (same kind) and still the same problem!!! I have another p4 processor which i regret not trying, but i reallllly hope it isn't the processor. So the moral for me is: do not tweak, or you will be a sad person. As soon as I get out of class it is off to ups to mail the rma!

boo me!!!

veryhumid said:
does anyone agree that is probably the card and not the processor?

I seriously doubt it's your processor, but I wonder how messing with that one setting screwed your vid card. That's unfortunate... do you have an extra vid to try it in there and make sure that nothing else is screwed?

Huh, thats wierd. You wouldnt think just a small bump like that could do all that. IO dont think it would be your processor though.

Its your memory timing!!! Thats what the turbo function does. Reset ur CMOS and everything will be A OK.

thanks for the posts, it suprised the hell out of me. seems I get bad luck a little too often. I don't have another vid card to try, the HIS is already on its way to newegg. I really hope I can just plug the new one in and be back in business. I did try resetting the cmos, did not work. That's when i decided to try another board. (same results). funny thing is, I could get into the bios, it just looked all messed up, and i loaded the defaults, let it reboot... and it was still all messed up. I really hope getting a new card back will fix this problem! being without games and music is driving me mad!

I think that was just a freak accident. I'm sure the setting works fine or else there would be more red flags popping up (or so I'd think).

could of ..i have had some things be relly good.. then 20 mins later they die on me.. odd eh? ...maybe people who make them cards odda strees test them for a few hours and make sure they dont die when someone gets them.

Damn thats sad to hear - i love my HIS x800pro - I feel for you :(
Im suprised altering such a small setting screwed things up tho...

yeah i am coming out of the shock. I only had the thing for 2 months, and no overclocking. Anyway, new one is on it's way from newegg now. With any luck I can pop it back in and start where I left off without a hitch. (lol, not going to happen ;))

Back