• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help with hot swap (nf7-s)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NoPK!!!11

New abit nf7-s should be coming tomorrow, I need help incase i bugger up both motherboards.

I have an nf7-s with a corrupted bios due to switching off while saving settings.

When I get my new nf7-s I'd like to know how to hot swap exactly.

I'm hoping to put the new bios in the old mobo and boot up to windows and swap it for the old corrupted bios and flash so it works again.

But I'm not entirely sure how to do this. would someone please write me a short step by step guide?

Many thanks.

ps. I've tried search but nothing

It's rather simple actually. This is how I've done it.

1. Make a bootable floppy system disk and put the latest and greatest NF7 BIOS on it plus the Flash utility.

2. Set first boot device as 3.5 floppy.

3. Boot up your PC with the diskette inserted and when you see the A: pull out the good BIOS ROM and insert the bad BIOS ROM.

4. Now type runme and follow the instructions.

Last edited:
I found that removing the bios chip and lightly tieing dental floss leaving a tail to grab and pull makes removing it super easy, it seems intimidating the fiirst time but is easier then you think:)

-Milkman

You should try searching for hot flash. That's the term people use around here. There are a bunch of threads on it.

Here is a thread I posted on a problem I was having Link Tmod is a great help and can answer problem flashing questions but you will find some help in my thread:)

-Milkman

Thanks for replies guys, would this method be alot easier then dos way?

Go easy on me, im a n00b

Pro*Banshee said:
know anyone else with the same board?

Do a hot-swap/flash.

Put the good Bios into the dead board, boot into windows, carefully pry out the good chip, put your bad one in, then win-flash it

I always flash my bios using Flash Menu (windows flash). I don't know if it is recommended to do it with a hot flash though.

Back