• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Should I flash my R9800 256mn Pro R350?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Schalldampfer

I've heard that this R350 Pro flashing to XT does work. The only problem is... I'm scared. I'm afraid I'll fry this R350 R9800 256mb up... should I give it a try? Oh, and it has Zalman HP80C on it instead of the stock heatsink, and I think it can do the required clock speeds using ATitool.

I say give it a try. I did it with a 128 MB card and saw a nice gain in performance using an Artic cooling VGA silencer rev3. If you see too much heat then flash back to the pro or just underclock to pro speeds.

read this
http://www.rojakpot.com/default.aspx?location=3&var1=92&var2=0

best choice of Radeon 9800 pro 256 is the ATI revision 2 model that has R360 core DDR1 and Hynix 2.5ns ddr and is built on pcb identical to a 9800XT ATI card

The first revision 9800 Pro cards had DDR 2 which runs hotter and these cards came with R350 cores. Their success is not as good as the newer R360 cores. The link provides you with all the info the flash process itself is very easy.

I had a rev 2 9800 pro 256 but sold it the buyer has since flashed it and it was well worth it to have a true 9800XT after.

CK

Schalldampfer said:
Darn.... the website says my card cannot be flashed to a true XT. But my heatsink looks like an R360's, although mine is R350.

how do you know it's an r350? did you look at it physically or are you getting the readings from software? Software readings aren't always right because they get their info from the card bios....

Back