• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Flickering Display with X800Pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tsintse

Howdy, having some serious issues with my new system so hoping to get some feedback :)

I just did a clean install of WXPPro on the following system. All the latest drivers from mfg sites.

Abit AS8 - Latest BIOS
Sapphire x800Pro VIVO not flashed to XT...yet
Corsair XMS TwinX PC3200 2x512
Intel 550 (3.4) CPU
Ultra Connect 510W PS
2 x 74gb Raptors RAID0
No Optical Drive (stupid FAR Benq 16x drive died 3 days after I got it)

CPU temp in BIOS is 43 C with a TT 112 Heatpipe
Stock cooling on the Video card.

Basically what happens is that every 15-30 seconds my screen will blank out for a second. It's VERY annoying and I wish it would stop !@# Using the drivers out of the box it happened every 15 seconds. After installing the latest Catalyst drivers from ATI it became less frequent. Any idea's on what might be causing this?

Thanks!
tsin :bday:

Firstly, this may sound stupid but make sure your VGA plug is in all the way, sometimes they wiggle free. (when not screwed in, which it should be)

Other than that, pretty much all I can advise is to do a complete reinstall of some catalyst 4.9 with the 8.07 hotfix drivers, or 4.10's, whichever you like.

Make sure your old drivers are completely uninstalled before you do it, there are various programs that deal with it. If that doesn't work, try omegas.

Other people will eventually reply with better advice, but this is all I can give at 3AM.

Good luck!

Last edited:
I'm trying the Omega drivers right now, we'll see what that does. I tried setting the core temp down :bang head to see if that helps. I noticed that the temp on my gpu shoots up to 60+ sporadically when I set it to read every 1 sec. It runs around 58 or so when I am looking at the spinny cube thing.

Once again thanks :)

Well Omega drivers didn't make it worse or better. The crazy thing is I remember with my old system I had a similiar combo, P4 3.0E and Hercules 9800Pro, water cooled and it did the SAME thing. I forgot about it because between that sys and this I went through 2 AMD/Nvidia setups. Maybe some BIOS setting? Would bumping the AGP voltage up a bit help? Arrrrgh anything!

Thanks!
tsin.

Wow it was bad bad memory... my terribly expensive Corsair XMS PC3200 TwinX set. It was absolutely the last thing I was going to check but I ran memtest just out of sheer frustration and it turned up multiple errors on test 3 and 5. Oh well RMA time!

Back