• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Duron numbers any good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

edwardaune

Those of you that know Durons, could you let me know if this chip is decent. Its a 1.6GHZ:

DHD1600DLV1C Z366295200061 MIXIB 034STPMW

Thanks

0343 means you're likely locked with a 12 multiplier. This is means you may not go into the 190s FSB. This is all right for average generic PC2700 RAM sticks though.

As usual, cooling/motherboard chipset/power supply brand will influence the overclock...

Thanks, I just ordered one to put in a little Linux print server, but I also wanted to get a little more out of it(habit). Yes I know its not smart to oc a server, but its a print server and its a learning experience with Linux. Thanks c.

I got that exact stepping (not sure about the week). THe multi is locked.

It runs 166x12 at stock voltage(1.5v) right out of the box. I've been using it in my second linux box. Its damn cool as well.

Man, you're thinking 2 generations behind. A spitfire core was based off a Thunderbird, the original socketA Athlons, then came the Morgan duron, based off a Palomino, and this one is an Applebred duron, based off the Tbred core.

Have you enabled the rest of the L2 cache? That will boost performance too. You may need a tiny bit more voltage if you enable the rest of the cache.

With a board with decent voltage options you stand a decent chance of getting to 2.4 GHz by changing the FSB to 200 MHz. Reason for that is, the Duron you have is a low voltage chip, just like the legendary DLT3C 1700/1800XPs. Lots of head room.

Hey, if I have a non-superlocked duron, and I enable the cache, what difference will it make?

Quailane said:
Hey, if I have a non-superlocked duron, and I enable the cache, what difference will it make?

Um...You'll have all available cache. More cache, better performance.

Quailane said:
Basically it'll become an AthlonXP Tbred(A/B) with 256KB L2 cache.

It is a b core. It does 2.6Ghz. Will my overclock go down though? I am running it on air, and it is at 45C. (It is cool in this room)

wow, i didnt know all this about durons! my little sister needs a new pc, this sounds like a good candidate. is there any threads or sites offhand that shows how to enable the cache, and which models allow it?

much appretiated,

-ryan

Back