• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What happened to the pioneer dvd drives?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

noxipoo

I bought a slot loading 16x pioneer dvd drive years ago. Now i can't find them on newegg and zipzoomfly wants $98 for a tray version? Did they stop making them? Anyone makes a good slot loading 16x thats not $100? whos the best now?

By slot, do you mean caddy? I think the caddy just kinda phased out awhile ago, haven't seen anything but tray drives around, or maybe I'm just missing something... :rolleyes:

AzN_LuvER_4_LyF said:
By slot, do you mean caddy? I think the caddy just kinda phased out awhile ago, haven't seen anything but tray drives around, or maybe I'm just missing something... :rolleyes:
no not caddy drives, slot loading drives, like car stereos. And the reason pioneer stopped making them was because of dust.

So, these days, whats the best now? the 16x pioneer drives were awesome back in the day.

Back