• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

a64 3000, dfi LanParty UT, corsair xms xl overclock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nlunch-king

a64 3000, dfi LanParty UT, corsair xms xl overclock HELP

Hi,

I'm trying to overclock my a64 3000+ newcastle to about 2.4ghz, but at the mo can only get to 2.2ghz with everything on auto.

I have the dfi 250gb ut motherboard and Corsair 512MB DDR XMS3200XL Platinum CAS2 memory and have all the settings on auto at the mo except for the dram volt which is at 2.8. the cpu is at 1.5 v.

I guess my question is, which is the best settings/timings for this ram to get it up to at a steady 2.4ghz. Thanx in advance!!

btw i'm using the latest beta bios with memtest built in (very nice btw :thup: )

Last edited:
nlunch-king said:
Hi,

I'm trying to overclock my a64 3000+ newcastle to about 2.4ghz, but at the mo can only get to 2.2ghz with everything on auto.

I have the dfi 250gb ut motherboard and Corsair 512MB DDR XMS3200XL Platinum CAS2 memory and have all the settings on auto at the mo except for the dram volt which is at 2.8. the cpu is at 1.5 v.

I guess my question is, which is the best settings/timings for this ram to get it up to at a steady 2.4ghz. Thanx in advance!!

btw i'm using the latest beta bios with memtest built in (very nice btw :thup: )

hey man, hows it going.

well, i would read over the bios tweaking guide the guy above linked you to first.

if you could host a CPU-z Screen shot, or tell us if your NC is a CO, or CG(if its a CO, its really a "half-Cache disabled" Clawhammer).

i would start by putting your ram on a ratio, try 166(5:06). up your CPU VID to 1.55, and your VID Specail to 104%. also bump your Chipset voltage to 1.6.

besure Cool n Quiet, and CPU thermal thottleing are disabled.

if you are using SATA, try using ports 3/4(the ones above the agp slots) as aposed to 1/2. some have trouble using 1/2 when overclocking

GL
-Jess-

Hi,

thanx for the help, i will try those things you said and keep you updated. here's what cpu-xz says -

althlon 64 cpu (codename newcastle)
family - f
model - c
stepping - 0
ext fam - f
ext mod- c
revision - DH7-CG

Hope this helps!

nlunch-king said:
Hi,

thanx for the help, i will try those things you said and keep you updated. here's what cpu-xz says -

althlon 64 cpu (codename newcastle)
family - f
model - c
stepping - 0
ext fam - f
ext mod- c
revision - DH7-CG

Hope this helps!

ok, you have a real NC, CG rev which is a very good things, appozed to a halfcashe disabled Clawhammer :D

GL
-Jess-

Thanx for helping guys!! i'm at 2.30ghz with the settings you have given at the mo (just had to set the dram volt to 2.9). Gonna try for 2.4ghz, if i can get that i will be happy!

Update

Got 2.4 by by putting the secial vid contol to 110% :thup: from 104%, gonna run a few tests to check if its ok at these speeds.

Last edited:
Back