• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9800Pro with XT PCB?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shuRe

I have a r9800 pro which has been flashed to an XT bios with a 9800pro board. I have forever had the prob that cs : source freezes now and again and has looping sound and that (then when it recovers itself dead bodies spawn around me).

I have tried every single option i can think of, ranging from different things enabled in the game / cat options to underclocking the gfx card (below 9800pro), cpu, mem and so on.

My question is that is my bios causing an instability? and is it because i have flashed i have flashed it to xt with a 9800 pro pcb bios (i think from this forum)?, seeing as i have an onboard temperature sensor build in (making an xt pcb i think)

My card is a Saphire 9800 Pro with hynix memory + r360 core

yes, you have the xt pcb if you can access the temp probe. Are you using the sapphire xt bios or the Gecube xt? those are the only two bios you should be using on that card.

i used the bios that was created on a disk when i downloaded an exe from this forum, i think it was most likely the club3d one as that is for r360's with 128mb and 9800 pro pcb.

Should i flash my card to the gecube bios anyway to see if it helps me?

Thanks for ur help btw

yes.... if you have the xt pcb, then the best two bios are the ones posted earlier.... you can get them here.

http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33762838

also, people using the true (non-hacked) bios on a pro pcb do encounter problems....

so pro pcb - use a hacked bios.... there are many
xt pcb - use the sapphire xt or Gecube xt bios as both were designed for the 128mb cards.

thanks, i flashed the card with the gecube bios and the stability seems to be better now, cs:s only freezes every 3-5 mins now instead of every 30 seconds

I see you have high clocks on your card, do you have probs with the hl2 engine, and what are your temps? mine are 55idle 59load

thx

I haven't played any half life, but my system is rock solid on doom 3..... it's kinda cool in my part of the world right now so my temps are low.... my gpu is idle at around 47-49° and around 55° when stressed. The freezes you're experiencing sounds like a driver issue. Which drivers are you using?

the new omega 2.5.90 drivers, but i did to the new cat's out and the freezes were less often, but went back to the 2.5.90 drivers cause they have better performance.

I shall try some older omega drivers

EDIT: Have just disabled VPU recovery for the 2nd time and something seems to have worked. Freezing has decreased by about 90%, finally something has worked for me!

Last edited:
Back