• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

$1 mod for the Dell 2001FP LCD Display.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

socket7

I've found that a simple strip of black electrical tape covers the Dell logo on the bottom of the bezel perfectly. If I wasn't so lazy, I could dremel it off I suppose, but that would probably void my warentee; and I'm also lazy.

This mod works on any black monitor with ugly logo's on it that you want hidden.

Mod Difficulty (1-10): 2

Materials required:
Black electrical tape.
a pair of sissors.

WARNING:
If you are not allowed to play with sharp objects, please do not attempt this mod.

EDIT: added pics

Before:
2001FPbefore.jpg

After:
2001FPafter.jpg

Last edited:
O CRAP, I hate my parents, I wish theyd let me use something else then saftey sissors,

for any one in same boat as me, saftey sissors don't work good, ask for mommy or daddys help...

Teeth the second best tape cutters.

Great mod just be careful when you are walking past you're computer with a roll of duct tape. The last time I was walking past my guitar amp with the stuff my amp somehow turned gray so now I'm afraid to go past my computer with the stuff.

Now why didnt i think of that [smacks head] - replace the logo with an ugly black rectangle that still has the logo showing underneath! ;)

just dremel it off and tell them thats the way you recieved it... how can they disprove it, besides i dont think its the sort of thing that voids a warantee

Why, it's so simple! Yet so effective! And it complements my electrical tape-wrapped PSU wires. :D

~pd

Vrykyl said:
Now why didnt i think of that [smacks head] - replace the logo with an ugly black rectangle that still has the logo showing underneath! ;)

To be honest, I never really look at the tape directly. So I never notice the logo embossed in the tape, or the fact the tape color doesn't match perfect. I just needed something to get rid of that ugly silver logo that kept pulling my point focus away from the screen. :bang head

Oh, I also don't feel comfortable messing about with a brand new $900 display. Even if I did get it for 700 (and still paid to much for it).

uh oh i think im gonna hafta do the same to my 2 dell CRT's lol

i can see where hes comming from...as i sit in the dark in front of my PC most the time i wouldnt notice it.

i might have to give this mod a try but i need to go ask my mom first and see if she can help me use the sharp scissors

ur parents let u play with a dremel but not scissors?

one time i needed to open onea those RETARDED plastic encased packages....couldnt find scissors...dremel was in my hand....zip, righ topen.

I smell Red Green all over this... but that would have to be Duct Tape instead :p

i coverred mine with a amd athlon 64 sticker.... part of the last L is still showing :p

No matter how well you cover it up, it's still a Dell... loud and proud! Nice mod, but unless you take out the self destruction mod (about 1 year 1 day from date of purchase) it will explode as soon as the warranty is up!

Back