• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how high is safe?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

oc613

so just how high should gc20 x800 ram be pushed. i'm at 570 mhz stock voltage with no sinks. they get pretty hot, but no artifacts of course. 585 is as high as i can go before i can't run atitool for more than 10 minutes.

so yeah, what is safe, ive heard people say 500 max, so anyone who is actualy knowledgeable care to contribute?

thanks.

You will know way before it is unsafe. The ram will start artifacting long before it goes too high.

I usually don't pay attention to what ATI Tool tells me either, as far as how stable I am. It's clocked my 9800 pro well beyond it's max, and nearly made me wet myself when I ran 3dmark03 to stress test it further. If I were you, I'd ditch ATI Tool's artifact tool and just stress test w/ 3dmark and game benchmarks. Once you see artifacts in those, then you know it's time to back off a little bit. ;)

Back