• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ATItool & OC Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dollar

I'm trying to use ATItool, v0.2.22, to overclock a ATI 9800 Pro, R350 core. I have s Silencer rev 3 and copper ram sinks isntalled.

My problem is around Max Memory, after 9 hours, the memory setting is still dropping. Started at 385 & its down to 366. Runs anywhere between 1 & 95 minutes, then finds artifacts either 1 or 62,000+. While not consistant, it seems the lower the setting gets the shorter the stability period. Also, the logs consistantly say "clock set to: 0:00 / 0:00. Max core is set to default: 378.

Is ATItool working properly or do I have a problem?

Am I missing something?

thanks in advance
$

I've found ATI Tool to be VERY unreliable. Best bet, grab RadLinker/PowerStrip/Rage3d and do it manually. Nudge up your clock speeds in 5-10 mhz increments only adjusting one clock at a time. Then in between tweeks, run 3dmark a couple times to heat up your card. If you see aftifacts, back off your clocks by 5 mhz or so. If the artifacts look like little white, black, or red pixels, it's your core. If they look blocky or it looks like the scene is tearing or textures are missing, it's your ram.

For memory testing, ATITool can be a bit finicky. If you're having problems with it, just manually move the sliders 3 or 5MHz at a time or so like YellowDart suggested and check for artifacts yourself in games and benchmarks. It's not as easy as "Find Max", but it definatly works :)

JigPu

go back to version 21 and it should work fine. i had exact same proble as u with version 22.

Back