• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Shoot me in the head... or help please :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cmlipe

Currently running

P4 2.8Ghz 800fsb
ASUS P4C800- E Delux
1GB Corsair 3500 DDR
ATI 9800 Pro 128MB

Its been running perfectly for a year now. No overclocking or anything crazy.

Last night I turned it off to install a NIC card in one of my PCI slots. Wish I could say I was smart enough to unplug it but only powered it off. Once I turned it back on everything started up but no video... monitor just blinked. Then a voice said something along the lines of "system failure due to overclocking." Like I said, I have never overclocked before. So I did a google for the prob and the only advice I could find was to reset the CMOS with the jumpers. Tried that and did not work. But now the voice no longer speaks when I power on. Everything appears to start up (CD drives and HDs spin, lights and fans come on) but there is no video output.

Did I fry my board? Is there anything else I can do?

Please help, thank you :)

Sounds dumb but is your monitor plugged in all the way, did anything touch the card (pci cover thingy came loose and fell on mine and fried my card and made it do the same thing yours is doing) does it work with another video card installed?

yeah pulled it out and stuck it back in, still no good.

Also I pulled the memory out and started it up and it still did the same thing its been doing... how is that possible

Ok I'll track one down and try it that way? Could that be it, since it doesnt even react when I start it with no RAM?

Usually you will get no video or anything but beeps when you try and start without memory.

I'd second the notion of trying another vid card in the agp slot, and failing that, try using a pci vid card if you have one. That message you got sometimes doesn't mean the boot failed because of an overclock failure, as I've gotten that warning when the system has general errors booting up. I usually get that message when the board reverts to previous cmos settings.

BTW, welcome to the forums :)

Took out the memory... booted it and no beeps or anything. Then took out the vid card and booted, same thing, not even a beep... shouldnt it be at least yelling at me for only having a processor and HD installed??

Back