• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Zalman?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Schalldampfer

Has anyone found Zalman to be actually helpful? I got my R9800, which is currently running at stock for the fear of frying it, to overclock only about 5mhz more. And the heat distribution doesn't seem to be working too well, either... the bottom side is burning to the touch,while the top is tolerable.

Are you using the optional ZM-OP1 fan? and ram sinks? A Zalman GPU cooler will not be the best without the fan.

Being lazy as I am, I just have the stock fan running on the side of the Zalman. I didn't bother looking for that optional fan. And I couldn't find any RAM sinks at MicroCenter. Tsk, what a pity... but when I do find the optional fan or the sinks, I'll buy them and attach them greedily to maybe squeeze out that extra bit of sense of security having that my GPU is fairly well fanned.

did you make sure you put everything on right? Take it apart and try again, make sure you have enough therman compound between the heatpipe and the sinks too.

Back