• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC always resetting itself to default speeds?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ArTiFaX

I downloaded atitool to OC my radeon 9000 as it needs a little boost :p Well I was checking for max core/max mem and my card is 250/185 default. I found my max core to be 316 and mem to only be 190? I think something is wrong...I can't see my mem only being able to OC 5mhz? Anyways, I set my core/mem to 305/190 and everytime i open up atitool its back to default? How can i keep my OC??? Also, shouldn't my mem be able to go higher then this? thanx for any and all help.

I dunno, I really wouldn't reccomend it. I lost a video card (modded 9500) not too long ago because it was running all the time at its max stable OC. I prefer to use a program of some sort so that you aren't running your card too hard while...uh...browsing OC forums.

Trios

Are u sure you saved a profile with those setting and have it under "start up" option well it works fine for me at least :)

As for the ram well it all depends on the cooling

ArTiFaX said:
I downloaded atitool to OC my radeon 9000 as it needs a little boost :p Well I was checking for max core/max mem and my card is 250/185 default. I found my max core to be 316 and mem to only be 190? I think something is wrong...I can't see my mem only being able to OC 5mhz? Anyways, I set my core/mem to 305/190 and everytime i open up atitool its back to default? How can i keep my OC??? Also, shouldn't my mem be able to go higher then this? thanx for any and all help.

Take a look at the memory chips themselves, post everything written on them on here and I'll tell you their max rated frequency. Sometimes you can go higher than the max rated, and sometimes you can't even hit it, but I've often found that you can ussually beat it by 5-10 MHz and nothing more.

Trios

Trios said:
Take a look at the memory chips themselves, post everything written on them on here and I'll tell you their max rated frequency. Sometimes you can go higher than the max rated, and sometimes you can't even hit it, but I've often found that you can ussually beat it by 5-10 MHz and nothing more.

Trios

Is there a way to find out from my cards manual, or maybe a proggy that would tell me? In atitool it says: chip type: RV250, but i have a feeling thats my core. If its the ONLY way to find out, then i'll do it tomorrow b4 work, but i would rather not have to as my comp is in an awkward place in my room thats hard to get at. thanx

Well i should have a 9800pro coming to me tomorrow, so when I take out my current card and replace it with the 9800pro, THATS when i'll have a look at the memory on my 9000 and post back with the info:p

Back