• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pqi Rma #2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Catalan

Alright, I should recieve my 2nd RMA for the PQI3200-1024DPU from newegg today. Hopefully 3rd time's a charm and I won't recieve one bad stick. I'll keep you guys posted.

WOW, I give up this is the 3rd RMA and still one stick will not run stock settings. I get thousands of errors after test #5. It's refund time and I'm going to purchase a pair of either GSKILL or OCZ, which ever is cheaper.

you sure its your sticks and not something else, three bad sticks seems very unlikely

It's either my board doesn't like TCCD or idk. I've tested both sticks in all 3 dimms once again and the same stick recieves errors, I've also tested my KHX3000/512 BH-5 and my OCZ EB PC3500 which both run flawlessly w/o any errors regardless of where I place them.

It's like newegg keeps shipping me back the same sticks.

this is the freakiest thing I've ever heard..... that's really bad luck... sorry to hear about this bro....

maybe it is his proc that hates this ram. the mem controller isn't on the mobo. and i agree, 3 rma's is a bit odd, and i further bet it is your proc. but either way, that completely sucks :(

Catalan said:
I just send them my RMA invoice as the receipt correct or do I send them the original receipt?

On their website they have an RMA form that you download. Fill it out and fax it to the number on the form (do not use the number listed on their FAQ), along with a copy of the original invoice from newegg. If you don't have that anymore, you can download a copy from "My Account" at the egg. The form just requests some basic info, including a brief description of your problems. And since you don't actually send them your invoice, just fax them a copy, you don't have to worry about no longer having your origianl invoice.

Once they receive the fax they will send you an RMA number.

Banyan said:
maybe it is his proc that hates this ram. the mem controller isn't on the mobo. and i agree, 3 rma's is a bit odd, and i further bet it is your proc. but either way, that completely sucks :(

Tested it with my 3200+ AR and my 3000+ AX same stick gets the errors regardless of what dimms it's placed in.

Reefa_Madness said:
On their website they have an RMA form that you download. Fill it out and fax it to the number on the form (do not use the number listed on their FAQ), along with a copy of the original invoice from newegg. If you don't have that anymore, you can download a copy from "My Account" at the egg. The form just requests some basic info, including a brief description of your problems. And since you don't actually send them your invoice, just fax them a copy, you don't have to worry about no longer having your origianl invoice.

Once they receive the fax they will send you an RMA number.

By original invoice do you mean the one before the RMA's?

It wasn't a trick question :)

The original purchase invoice, not your RMA "invoices". The one that shows that you are the original owner and that you purchased it from an authorized PQI reseller.

This is the first time in a week that I've been able to post. Been having problems getting on.

I just sent mine back on Monday and was told they would ship back using 2-day FedEx.

Be sure to fax the info to the number on the form and not the one listed in the FAQ section of their website. That number is incorrect. They never received my first fax request for an RMA number.

Back