• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this video card good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
They at least say that the GPU is 380 mhz instead of 325 mhz, which is good.
What does that mean? Are they lying?

No, some cards ship at different clock speeds. That looks like a cross between the Pro Cripple and the SE.
[quoite]Pro(Cripple) [325/580] - [128-8x1] * Warning this card sucks. Link Link
SE [380/675] - [128-4x1] *Look I'm crippled[/quote]

That card would be [380/600] - [128-?x1] If there are 4 pipelines that would be the ultimate 9800 suck.

Otherwise it is still a far cry from your standard 9800 Pro
Pro(256MB) [380/700] - [256-8x1]
Pro(128MB) [380/680] - [256-8x1]

Basically it means that you get what you pay for, its not a deal on a real 9800 pro, its simply a cheap poor preforming, poser.

!

Good, definitely better, but I saw a review about it not being a good overclocker. Has anybody had good luck with this Radeon 9800 Pro video card?

I hope the Power Color Radeon video cards are not bad quality like what people say about the Sapphire Radeon video cards.

I did get wording about the Sapphire Radeon video cards having major overheating problems and one person had major problems even with stock clock frequencies!!! That would be totally unacceptable.

That's funny, I've always heard that the Powercolor cards are crap and Sapphire is reliable. Sapphire actually makes the video cards that ATi says are their own, and the Sapphire boards are completely identical to the reference designes that ATi puts out.

I had a Powercolor board that just totally sucked *** at everything, and then died, and it was a friggin ***** to RMA and get everything working again.

BTW, my sapphire 9500 np worked great hardmodded to 9700 and OC'd to hell and back, but it died because I was running it way above its normal specs 24/7 for over a year. Moral: don't push TOO hard, and keep things stock whenever you don't need the extra power, and things should run fine.

Trios

I did see a post at one message board about a Sapphire Radeon 9500 Pro overheating even at stock and causing video corruption. The person reportedly RMA'ed that video card. I'm starting to wonder if at least many Sapphire Radeon video cards do suck, because of having a dinky heatsink. I have noticed that many of the Sapphire heatsinks are hardly anything!!! Just some fins around a little GPU fan.

The Sapphire heatsinks are EXACTLY the same as retail ATi heatsinks because they are made by the same company (Sapphire)! Sapph makes the retail ATi boards. So if ATi trusts them that much, I'll put my money on it (and I have, twice, once with a Sapphire board and once with retail ATi).

Trios

Back