• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Instability problems KT7A-R solved...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Helmut

Hope this helps:
Finally i solved my instability problems with the Abit KT7A-R (Raid not installed).
I upgraded from a Duron 800@866/133MHzFSB to a 1.4/133TB and suddenly Windows locked during booting, my ISA-soundcard (Terratec EWS64XL) had yellow exclamation marks (complete system lockup when enabling the gameport) or my serial-port force feedback wheel lost connection on the com-ports.
The system was stable only up to 800/100 with a 1.4TB.
This is what finally worked for me:
A new BIOS from http://www.centris.free-online.co.uk/
1) I took the user-modified (ACPI on/off option added) ZT version (ZT 103b1) and choosed ACPI off – reinstalled WIN
2) disabled the gameport (Adress 201)
3) but the serial-port still didn’t work with my racing wheel – solution: COM1: data-transfer rate reduced and protocol -> OFF

Now everything’s stable @1.53/133 with most aggressive memory and chipset settings.

AbitKT7A-R,
TB1.4/133
2x256MB, CL2 (noname&infineon)
TNT2-ultra (still original drivers/ haven’t tried Detonator2/3 yet)
Tekram DC 395 SCSI
Plextor SCSI CDRom
ZIP 250 SCSI
2x IDE HDs
CDR/W IDE (Philips CDD 3610)
HPScanjet3300c (USB)
LogitechWingmanExtremeDigital3D USB (with the adapter)
Guillemot RaceLeaderForceFeedback (serial/COM1)
USRoboticsProfMessageModem (COM2)
TerratecEWS64XL (ISA; all enabled, gameport disabled in WIN; IRQs 5&9 and DMAs 0&1 reserved in Bios for ISA)

Back