• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

X700 Pro not posting!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DrSlinky

This one's got me stumped.

I'm trying to install an ATI X700 Pro in a Sony VGC-RA720G. When I install the card, the system doesn't POST. I tried running the card in an HP, and it ran fine. I tried the card in other Sony models, same board, same thing. So I put the HP's X600 in the Sony, and it posts fine.

Anyone know any reason this could be happening? The board's a 915P, but the manufacturer isn't printed on it, and the model number didn't google at all.

He said the card worked in the another PC so it may be a problem with the sony I would say it needs a bios update.

Well ive heard that ATi has PCI-E issues, where it will only work in certian boards etc etc. Maybe this applies as well? You could always get a 6600GT

maybe his opther pc has a better power suply, i had the same prob when i changed the power suply it worked

Back