• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whats the max temp youve got in your r9700/r9800?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PhobMX

Dunno whats going on within my case, i tried the cooling technique used at "cheap as free" article and now my video card hits 60°C under quake3!!! I dunno whats going to happen in doom3... Its completely artifactless but still anything above 55° makes me feel very unconfy... and thats with a cooljag on the chip and both pci slots below the video card open..

so whats the max temp youve got in your r9700/r9800? any suggestions to lower my temps??

With my case temps around 25C, and after adding a Rev. 3 cooler, my MAX I have been able to get my temp is around 48-49C. Idle is around 37-38C

I remember checking my 9800pro's memory temp with a K-Type thermocouple taped in the middle of the the BGA chip (which is probably the most accurate way of determining true tempature, even if you check on the edge of the top part of the chpi there can be a delta of 5-10F) Anyway I was running the mem at 395mhz and it got up to 149F without erroring "heavily" i saw one or two ever 6 mins or so, which is acceptable to me)
room temp was 62F. For some reaons I don't use Celcius because I think I can see changes in Farenheit easier...
Anyway, I know it was a tad off topic, but just felt like sharing.

Back