• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CS Source Freeze due to HD?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shuRe

I had this prob for ages now and really starting to **** me off. Specs are as below with windows xp and sp2. Tried reinstalling omega 4.10 drivers, underclocking system, tired sp1, tried worst settings in cs:s, no diff.

Basically i can play cs:s for maybe 2-3 mins between each freeze if im lucky, and when i do freeze i get looping sound and all movement stops. It lasts for about 4 secs, but sometimes forever. When i do stop freezing the items i have are highlighted up the right and dead bodies spawn around me.

Because i have dried dam near everyhitng else im thinking it might be my new HD, but want to check with u guys b4 i got having to DL cs:source and hl updates again

thx

Hmm.. thats a kinda strange problem.

Have you tried running memtest86 from www.memtest86.com to check your RAM? And perhaps download the appropriate drive diagnostic tools from your hard drive manufacturer's website?

Any similar problems in other games?

ye i have run memtest 86 for ages and is stable, dont have any other probs in games. It sound like it could be a driver prob but whatever driver i try i seem to have no hope :/

It's CS: Source. My computer does it too. I've been reading about it on the steampowered.com forums, and it seems to be somewhat common, and not specific to any hardware.

Back