• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need 9700 Heatsink

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Frost Byte

I'm in need of a 9700(pro) heat sink. The one I have now takes up 2 slots, but I need one that only takes up one (because of a new case I'm getting). Have any of you found any good ones? I don't have the orignal one anymore.

I can't imagine getting anything great with the provided scenario. FrozenCPU has the Iceberq 4 that will work & is small. Honestly, I don't think you will find much better then this, but then again you mentioned using a "stock" heatsink which means this will probably do. You may want to search around for the same cooler else where though. FrozenCPU is generally higher in prices.

I just got some Household Goop (or other silicon adhesive) and put a Pentium CPU hsf on my old 9500. You just throw some Arctic Silver on the core, put a bit of goop on the edges of the HSF, and press the HSF to the board. Put some weight on it and sit it on a flat surface so it dries flush to the core, and you're done.

Trios

obsolete said:
I can't imagine getting anything great with the provided scenario. FrozenCPU has the Iceberq 4 that will work & is small. Honestly, I don't think you will find much better then this, but then again you mentioned using a "stock" heatsink which means this will probably do. You may want to search around for the same cooler else where though. FrozenCPU is generally higher in prices.

Would I need some ram coolers too?

Would I need some ram coolers too?

No sir, you don't need ram coolers. I think ram coolers or ram heatsinks are more of a thing people like to do rather then a necessity. Helps in keeping the card cool while overclocking & at best prolongs the life of your card (or so thats the thought).

I have attached FrozenCPU's heatsinks to my 9800 XT for cooling. Didn't help achieve any better overclocks. I do feel better now that I have them on there though.

Back