• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Used Radeon 9800 or 9700 video cards?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RJARRRPCGP

I wonder if you know of any places that have used video cards?

I wonder if I should take the used video card route, because even the Radeon 9800 Pros at NewEgg are still expensive.

Well, its like anything else you buy used, whether it be a car, t.v, or a graphics card. You don't know how long it will laste since its been used, thats the risk you have to be willing to take if you don't have the cash. I would recommend saving up a bit more cash and getting yourself a brand new one, this way you know your getting your moneys worth with a product in good workign order that asn't previously been OCed. Like i said, its totally up to you tho, hope you make the right decision. :p good luck

How should I be? Because ATI apparently has been starting to trick people that are purchasing Radeon 9800 Pro video cards by saying the video card they're getting is a Radeon 9800 Pro when it's a Radeon 9800SE.

I haven't heard of ATi themselves doing this, and I would expect a BBA 9800 Pro to not be like this. However, both Sapphire and Powercolour have done this, and both have sold 9800 Pros with 128bit memory buses rather than 256bit. You could check the OC Forums classifieds as there might be someone there who wishes to sell their 9800 Pro.

The ocforums classifieds are a really good place to get cards, I believe I have gotten cards there 2 of 3 times. If not, you can always look on ebay, but I avoid it like the plague.

Back