• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

wrong antifreeze mix

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mR|bUNgLe

OK so my Pentosin finaly arived :burn:
it says the ratio is 1 to 1
so if I want a 10% coolent 90% water mix do I mix the coolent at 1 to 1 then then add 10% to 90% water?
or just add 10% strait coolent to 90% water
my head hurts form staring at this german lable :bang head

Just add one part Pentosin to 9 parts distilled water. The 1 to 1 ratio is for cars and doesn't apply to what you're doing with it. So anything with a mix of about 10% - 20% pentosin to 90% - 80% distilled water should be fine.

Quick question about the Pentosin-

Is this the 'blue' VW antifreeze people have posted about sometimes? I currently use Propylene Glycol antifreeze (green) and it would be a nice change.

This is what I am finding for Pentosin-
http://store.yahoo.com/impol/antifreeze.html

If you notice in the description it says its red. Would someone mind posting a link for the correct stuff which from my understanding should be blue?

Oops...found it.

There is both a newer Pentosin Antifreeze which is red in color and an a Pentosin which is a bit older and comes in the blue. Found, nothing to see here folks, move along ;)

Last edited:
Back